Sunday, August 3, 2008

Echo Triathlon

Almost a year ago my work challenged us to 3 triathlons in the year 2008. (this year) There was quite a few of us that said that we would do it, a year ago. As the time got closer a few kept dropping out. I remained as I originally said that I would. They told us that they would sponsor us and anyone in our family that would like to do it as well.

So about a month ago was our first triathlon. Because the baby that I am Colby said that he would stayed with me the whole time.
After all of the pain and tiredness I sat and thought if it really was worth doing it? Even though it was hard and I probably should have training a little more, I think that I will after all do another one.

IT DEFIANTLY WAS WORTH THE CHALLENGE
This was us after the race. I was dead tired and Colby was ready to go do another one.

This was me getting out of the water. I still have my sexy wet suit on.

This was me getting back to the transition area to go run. At this point Colby had left me because he had to go to the bathroom.

This is us almost to the finish line. Notice how hot our outfit's are, and how tired I look.
(it makes me laugh ever time see Colby in that outfit)


This was us one day later alive and a little sore.

4 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

Steph & Colby,
I am so proud of you. I immediately felt so tired when I saw you running. Why is that? Maybe someday I'll live up to that challenge. But I'd have to learn how to swim without just doggie-paddling. Do they allow arm flotation devices? What about those silver air mattresses with the convenient holes that are perfect for holding soda?

LL said...

I'm LAUGHING at the last comment with the air mattress and cup holders...THAT is my kind of marathon.
REALLY, this was a HUGE accomplishment, you should be quiteproud of yourselves. NICE WORK!

Astrid said...

I can't believe you guys, I would have totally called a cab to pick me up in the bushes somewhere, and then have them drop me off at the finish line close to a normal finishing time. I'm willing to do that for you guys on your next triathalons if you need it, just let me know!

Nikki Taylor said...

Steph!!!! It is amazing who you will find on blogspot!! haha! I was so excited when I found yours! Don't ask me how I found yours...I have NO idea! First off I have to say how IMPRESSED I am that you did a triathlon! Holy Cow! I did a 10k last year and that just about did me in! So way to go! That is something to be proud of! You look amazing as usual and so happy! I am so jealous you guys went to Alaska...HOW FUN! I have yet to go there! Anyway, I just started us a blog too but it's not too exciting! Steph I miss you and I think it is time to get together again soon! I hope all is well with you! Love ya!!!