Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hello again.

We don't really have much going on over here lately.  Our lives are pretty boring.  The weather really puts a damper on things. Sammy and I are really getting bored of the same things over and over everyday.  Last week when we had some sunshine,  I was so excited so I though what a nice day to open all the blinds and get some fresh air.  Little did I know it was going to be a bad idea to have my windows open for the whole world to see in our house.  About 10 min after I got Sammy done for her nap I had two salesgirls come knocking on our door.  Normally I don't answer if I don't know who it is, but they saw me sitting on the couch.  I wanted to scream I hate talking to salespeople. I went to the door, they talked me into letting them come in and show me what they had.  As I let them in I said if you come in you have to be quite because my baby is sleeping.  They said ok.  So they came in and started unloading what they where selling.  I had no idea what it was until they opened the box.  It was a KIRBY vacuum.  As she is taking it out in my mind I was thinking "she is going to wake up my baby from her nap, doesn't she know how precious nap time is for me".  So she starts into her spill and turns on the vacuum, seriously, like 50 times.  After Sammy been asleep for around 30 to 40 mins she wakes up.  I was so mad.  I finished listening to them which I thought wasn't going to take very much longer, but boy was I wrong.  They were at my house for OVER 2 HOURS.  I just keep saying to myself "are you kidding me this is just ridiculous, I have things I need to get done".  Needless to say I did NOT buy the $2,600 dollar vacuum (yeah that is right, I would NEVER buy a vacuum for that much) but I did get high blood pressure.  My blood was BOILING.  I was so mad.  I guess moral of the story I need a NO SOLICITING sign on our door.  If any of you have a cricut and want to help a friend out I need a sign for my door. 


On a different note....

Sammy did have a first yesterday.  She got her first haircut.  She looks so cute, I can't believe how much older she looks. 


What a big girl she was sitting so still.  But it didn't last very long.


Just ignore me in the mirror 


After - front
She wouldn't look at that camera.


After - back


This is a normal thing for Sammy.  She loves to get her hair done and she especially loves to make faces at herself in the mirror. 


This was the only picture that I could find of her lately to show her hair before.  


This one I just thought was so fun.  
Before we know it she is going to be on the slops with us. 

12 comments:

Cassie said...

Love the new haircut! Sorry about the salespeople...

The Palmers said...

oh boy. i have some venting to do about haircuts and loss of naps too!!! just came back from my hair half done bc hazel freaked out and wouldn't nap or do anything. my friend had a dog that kept barking. ughhh. anyway, on a positive note, cute cute bob on sammy!

Astrid said...

If it makes you feel any better we got "hit" by a sales lady too. We should get together and make some signs. Also I could teach you how to be a "biocth" to the sales people like I am, but then I always fear they're going to come back and slash my tires! Just remember you don't owe them anything, they're the one's imposing on your time uninvited!

LL said...

just reading about the sales people made my blood boil. NAP TIME IS TOO PRECIOUS, no one should mess with those hours!
As for Sammy, cute as always! Love the hair cut!!!!
and that picture of her looking at herself in the mirror is the BEST!
We miss you guys!

Jackman Family said...

Yeah I have heard of those kirby sales men they come late and stay forever that sucks! But I love Sammy's haircut she really does look older and it is such a cute style!

Holli and Billy said...

It was probably the same girls that were in our neighborhood like a week ago. We DO have a no soliciting sign, but they still knocked on our door anyway... at 8:30 PM!!! I was WAY mad!! Even the no soliciting sign doesn't seem to work these days. On another note, Sammy is so stinkin' cute!!!

Bart & Krista said...

OH my goodness. Her hair is DARLING. We really need to get Whitney's cut, but I am so afraid to lose her curls!

Kimberlee said...

Salespeople drive me crazy, and I never know how to let them down gently. Sammy is getting so big, the new haircut is absolutely adorable! Hopefully she has better nap times to come! :)

Nikki Taylor said...

Kirby sales people are the WORST!!!! I am so sorry you got stuck with them. And oh my..I CAN'T believe how big Sammy is!! When did she turn into a little girl and not a baby? Love the haircut!! Work is crazy for me right now, but as soon as it settle down...let's get together!

Unknown said...

Aw! She's so precious! I love her hair...so cute and girly.!.

xoxo Emily said...

She is so cute Steph!! Love the new haircut!

Brad and Britt said...

oh my gosh! I LOVE her hair! She is such a cutie! she looks like a real doll!